- New Hanover
Dear Fire Fighter Supporters
When you purchase tickets to our bi-annual fundraising concerts, you are buying more than a fun evening listening to good tunes. Your purchase of vouchers funds several local programs, safety efforts, victim relief support, educational opportunities and much more.
Rest assured that your support goes directly to your local fire fighters association and remains within New Hanover County, deposited into a local bank and spent ONLY by your local firefighters.
Pay Your Pledge
Here is a look at some of the safety programs we continue to work on:
- Fire Safety Coloring Books for elementary school kids in New Hanover County.
- Camp Celebrate, a weekend camp for children ages 7-15 who have survived traumatic burn injuries; activities include swimming, canoeing, arts and crafts, as well as an opportunity to meet other kids who share the experience of having been burned.
- Jaycee Burn Center, supporting the burn center at UNC Hospital where the firefighters go if they are injured on duty – it is also the best burn center in the state for children; assisting local families of burn victims with extraneous expenses, like traveling back-and-forth to the center.
- The Carolina Brotherhood Ride – a bicycle ride across the state honoring fallen Firefighters and Police Officers in the State of NC and bringing awareness to the dangers of our profession
- Support for Muscular Dystrophy Association – fill the boot.
- Firefighters Coats for Kids Foundation, Community outreach program established through collaboration with Operation Warm, Inc., to help children in poverty survive and thrive by providing brand-new, made-in-the-USA winter coats and bringing warmth to needy children.
The firefighters work on these programs while off duty and do not receive payment. Their goal is to cut down on the accidents and deaths caused by fire. Perhaps with your support, they will achieve this goal.
We are excited to announce the launching of The Firefighter, a quarterly magazine produced by PFFPNC. Within The Firefighter, we hope you find compelling content, new trends in the fire service and thought-provoking topics and inspiration. To read The Firefighter, please click the link below. East includes cities to the east of Greensboro to the coast.
The Firefighter, East, Winter 2022
The Firefighter, East, Fall 2021
The Firefighter, East, Summer 2021